This is the most searched for recipe on my old blog and many of you have been coming over and searching for it here. Thank you for coming over to my new space and apologies for the “stretched out” photo, but here’s the recipe :)
If you’re new to this blog, head on over to the recipe index for many new posts and recipes!
- 2 cups grated cucumber
- 2 cups sheep’s milk, full fat, or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- It’s really important to draw most of the juice out of the cucumbers, otherwise the end result will be swimming in cucumber juice. Once the cukes are grated, collect them in a paper towel or cheese cloth and use your hands to squeeze out as much juice as you can. Set cucumbers aside in a strainer to let any remaining liquid drain.
- Combine the yogurt and chopped mint and season well with salt and pepper. Stir it all together.
- Starting with the raisins, followed by chickpeas, cucumbers, and yogurt, layer each of the ingredients, divided between jars.
- Top with chopped walnuts and a few mint leaves.
- Alternatively, if you’re not into the layering thing, you can just mix it all together and store accordingly.